Originally posted: Dec 2010
Yay! I hit the jackpot. I finally found a brownie recipe that caters to my taste and requirements for the perfect brownie – chewy and fudgy with the right bite. I’m so happy now! Apparently the recipe is pretty popular too so I wonder why I’ve never made it before.
It’s called the Katharine Hepburn Brownie. Make it now if you like your brownies fudgy and chewy!
Katharine Hepburn Brownies
(taken from here)
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, plus more for greasing
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ tsp. fine salt
- Heat oven to 325°. Grease an 8″ x 8″ baking pan with butter. Line the pan with parchment paper; grease the paper. Set the pan aside.
- Melt the butter and the chocolate together in a 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Remove the pan from heat and stir in the sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir to make a smooth batter. Add the walnuts, flour, and salt; stir until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and spread evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40–45 minutes. Let cool on a rack. Cut and serve.