Originally posted: October 2008
This dressing is very simple to make and exudes this Asian-fusion feel when you tell people ‘Hey, by the way here’s some wasabi-lime dressing to go with your salad’ as you fluff your hair and nonchalently pass the dressing to the ‘oh-so impressed’ guest. Okay, some wild imagination I have, but seriously, it’s making your own dressing that impresses dinner guests. It shows effort, even though making that dressing didn’t take any effort at all. Paradox of life.
Nigella Lawson’s Wasabi-Lime Dressing
Enough for about 6-8 salad servings
Measurements as I remember it:
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used canola)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (I used, like Nigella, the lime juice from the plastic lime. You can get these at most supermarkets. Saves you all the squeezing.
- 1 tablespoon prepared wasabi (comes in a tube) (add more if you like the heat)
- pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients together in a jar, close jar and shake to combine.
- Serve with salad. Nigella served hers with watercress and snap peas (snow peas).